Just when we’ve got all of our Best of 2015 surveys out of the way, here’s another list of films for your viewing pleasure. As we’re now in the second half of the decade, Little White Lies magazine has put together a list of the 50 best films produced since 2010. It’s a diverse and impressive collection that you can browse in two parts – here and here – and you can also see the individual selections from each of the contributors here.
Here’s my own Top 10, which will hopefully encourage you to seek out a few unfamiliar titles.
10. Tomboy (Céline Sciamma, 2011)
9. An Oversimplification of Her Beauty (Terence Nance, 2012)
8. Winter Sleep (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, 2014)
7. Mad Max: Fury Road (George Miller, 2015)
6. A Separation (Asghar Farhadi, 2011)
5. It’s Such a Beautiful Day (Don Hertzfeldt, 2012)
4. Meek’s Cutoff (Kelly Reichardt, 2010)
3. Under the Skin (Jonathan Glazer, 2013)
2. The Turin Horse (Béla Tarr, 2011)
1. The Tree of Life (Terence Malick, 2011)